|Friday, September 4, 2009 01:29 PM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- I do believe the above video is what made me decide definitively that I am a fan of Them Crooked Vultures. (Via)
- Lately it seems like Agent M is posting more excellently random and odd images than he was wont to in the past. I present exhibits A, B, C, D, and E.
- Awesome. (Via)
- Ah ha ha ha ha! Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie," featuring Danzig. (Via)
- An amusing Harry Potter/Inglourious Basterds mashup.
- This is a video of Jack Black fronting the Go-Gos with backing vocals by Beck and Matthew Sweet on guitar. Apparently the video is from this Earth, too, and not Earth A or Earth Prime. (Via)
- A list of the greatest superheroes of all time. The top 10 is coming next week. So far the picks are pretty good, although I take issue with the order. (Via)
- Disapproving Rabbits. That is all. (Via)
- Supposedly some dude has a stuffed chupacabra. Although as poppy pointed out to me, it mostly just looks like a rather unfortunate dog. (Via)
- Call me childish if you will, but this MagiQuest thing sounds totally awesome to me.
- YouTube is going to start offering a service where you can pay to rent premium movies from major studios.
- Besides all the other awesome things they can do, lasers can apparently also cool things down really fast. When do I get my laser refrigerator??
- The official explanation for why GMail went down.
- Game|Life runs down 5 cool new features in Guitar Hero 5.
- Megan Fox says some rather unfavorable things about Michael Bay, even going so far as to compare him to Hitler, thus, by law, bringing an immediate end to the discussion. So let's move onto something else more interesting, like Megan Fox making out with Amanda Seyfried (via)!
- DC Comics' Lobo is going to be a movie, and Guy Ritchie is going to direct it. Hmm... something tells me that's not going to go well.
- Iron Man 2 might be in 3D! That would be hot.
- As a whole, movies did well this summer. But not every individual movie. In fact, one did particularly badly.
- Wanna have a Windows 7 house party??? Wow, that's lame.
- Internet usage is highest at 11PM EST. Huh. I'm usually asleep by then! Apparently I'm missing the party.
- 10 handy userscripts for Google Chrome.
- Clancy "Kurgan" Brown talks about playing Lex Luthor in the animated movie Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.
- Cool free desktop wallpapers: Mario Bros. (via) and battle landscapes (via).
- Japan! The country's first-lady-to-be says aliens took her to Venus. Also, Japan is planning an orbiting solar power station that will beam enough energy back to Earth to power 294,000 homes.
- Star Trek is coming back to IMAX theaters this weekend. Sweet!
- Hints about where Dollhouse is headed next.
- A glimpse at the next Simpsons Halloween special.
- I for one am glad that IGotYouAManEatingPit.com exists. (Via)
- I don't know about this list of the top ten sci-fi mind control movies. It seems to me some of these are only marginally about mind control.
- I also don't know about this movie Defendor. Looks kind of sad and strange. Check out the trailer.
- Now this is a cool hotel: it's a zeppelin-shaped retreat built among the trees in Australia.
- io9 takes a look through various stories about mutants and devises 13 rules for making a mutant.
- This trailer for the new Star Blazers movie features laser space battles! And who doesn't love laser space battles, I ask you?
- A zombie nutcracker. (Via)
- An interesting clip from the Dollhouse episode "Epitaph 1," which I really have to see one of these days. (Via)
- Wow, there were two Twin Peaks games! I'd love to play the adventure board game, The Game of Twin Peaks. (Via)
- Ah ha ha ha, that's one awesome bug. (Via Sarah)
- So you know how in infomercials they always show you this imaginary problem that their product solves, and the scene where the problem is reenacted is always filmed in nightmarish black and white? Here's a collection of all of those scenes! It's Infomercial Hell. (Via)
- The top 10 video games that need movie treatments. "Need" seems like a strong word, but some of these would indeed be interesting to see on the big screen, if the right people were involved in adapting them. (Via)
- Previews of The Marvels Project #2 (via) and Supergod (via). Warren Ellis is a sick, sick man who lives to destroy and deface all the things you love and hold dear. Bless him.
- 12 geeky cocktails for you.
- Wired maps the US by the 7 deadly sins.
- 7 ways to see the world through Twitter's eyes. Also, a handy way to keep track of free giveaways on Twitter.
- Cinematical's Best Superhero Movie of All Time Tournament is getting down to the big finish now. I'm happy to say that when I voted, my choices were winning.
- Very disappointing: Microsoft gets to keep selling Word.
- A look at some of the games that were considered for Wii Sports Resort, but ultimately rejected.
- Heh. This T-shirt that imagines Alice in Wonderland as an RPG is pretty clever (via). And here's Matt Frewer talking about playing the White Knight in Syfy's upcoming Alice adaptation.
- Steam Punk Avengers and Space boy. (Via)
- This faux commercial for Rock Band: Radiohead is a little unfair in its harsh depiction of the band and its music... but still funny.
- Wow! The legal fight over the Superman: Man of Steel reboot is getting pretty personal!
- Tron: Legacy is coming out on 12/17/2010, the same day as The Green Hornet! Speaking of TGH, they started shooting it finally.
- New images from the upcoming sci-fi film Pandorum. Looks rather neat.
- Tiny robots!
- Star Wars religious art. The Boba Fett tattoo is pretty fantastic.
- I love this movie mashup image.
- Heh. An amusing look at the evolution of Nintendo consoles and controllers. (Via)
|Tagged (?): Alcohol (Not), Animals (Not), Art (Not), Browsers (Not), Cartoons (Not), Celebrities (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Dollhouse (Not), Drink (Not), Gaming (Not), LEGO (Not), Links (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), Photography (Not), Politics (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Star Trek (Not), Star Wars (Not), Toys (Not), TV (Not), Twitter (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Zombies (Not)|