|Monday, September 7, 2009 03:05 PM|
|(Last updated on Tuesday, September 8, 2009 08:42 AM)|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Click on the top right box on this page and you can watch an hour long documentary about Jack Kirby. I rarely have a full hour to spare to watch a video on the internet, but I made time for this one. Very interesting. (Via)
- Listen to Christopher Walken read Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven." By the way, it's a pet peeve of mine when people misspell Poe's middle name as "Allen," and the makers of this video did just that. Gah! (Via)
- The top ten of the 70 most iconic Marvel panels of all time. (Via)
- An excellent political comic on the whole "Obama talks to school kids" fiasco. (Via)
- Ah ha ha ha! Someone presented Jonathan Coulton with a pony/monkey monster at PAX. (Via)
- If I had a frog, I wouldn't want him or her to live anywhere else. (Via)
- I'm loving the new video game-inspired GMail theme. (Via)
- The Museum of Jurassic Technology in Culver City, CA sounds like a really fascinating place. (Via)
- This is the way bad Syfy movies start: scientists in Florida have lost an underwater robot. It's gone rogue! (Via)
- Speaking of bad Syfy movies, a while back I mentioned the horrific Syfy movie Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus. I made the mistake of trying to watch the entire movie, but lucky for you there now exists a "good parts" version on YouTube. This way you can just see the funnest and most ridiculous scenes without having to sit through the entire thing. You lucky bastard. (Via)
- It doesn't matter what you said, Freddie Mercury is right. (Via Camden)
- See the world like it's an FPS. (Via)
- A promo for the fast-approaching second season of Dollhouse (via). Speaking of Dollhouse, some weird news: Amazon
has stopped selling the season one DVD set "because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here." (UPDATE: The DVD is now back on sale.)
- Wired made its own custom, incredibly geeky kegerator, dubbed Beer Robot.
- Scientists are using Google's PageRank algorithm to predict ecological collapse by ranking species by their importance.
- You can now buy fans and friends on Facebook.
- Here's an insane and brilliant idea for a company: Eternal Earth-Bound Pets, USA is staffed by atheists who promise to take care of the pets of Christians after they're assumed into heaven during the Rapture. (Via)
- Columbia has restored 22 classic films noir. Cool!
- Pics from the set of Green Hornet. (Via)
- Interesting: J.J. Abrams had to throw his long-term plans for Fringe out the window and move up his time table because the fans were already figuring out where the story was going. (Via)
- Sounds like those Redbox kiosks could really be hurting other movie rental services.
- Favstar integrates with Twitter and provides an interesting, in-depth look at people's favorite tweets. (Via)
- In case you didn't know, you can stream the original Prisoner online for free at AMCTV.com. (Via)
- The bizarre and disturbing anatomy of a Wii Remote (I refuse to call them Wiimotes).
- More custom LEGO models: Metroid, light cycles, and a hover car.
- Some great street art and fascinating photography.
- Sounds like the next Rambo will be about Rambo hunting super soldiers. Nice. (Via)
- The top 10 worst Bible passages. Yep, those are pretty bad! (Via)
- Worth1000 has taken up the Disney/Marvel mashup torch. Some of these are quite good. I particularly like the Snow White Hulk, Mr. Incredible as Captain America, and Buzz Lightyear as Iron Man. (Via)
- Ooh, the other Super Star Wars games are out for the Virtual Console, and one of the new WiiWare titles is Contra ReBirth. Tempting...
- PAX was this weekend. Joystiq got to check out the clever explicit language settings for Brutal Legend, learned about a Penny Arcade ping pong card game that's in development, and discovered the identities of more playable characters in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
- Joystiq gives The Beatles: Rock Band a very positive review.
- More on Diablo III!
- The guy who did that cool next gen Xbox concept art now unleashes his creativity on the next PlayStation.
- That is one snazzy FarmVille farm. I'd like to expand mine, but can't figure out how to get more of those FarmVille bucks.
- Cute, sleepy bunny! Cute piggie and doggie!
|Tagged (?): Animals (Not), Art (Not), Celebrities (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Diablo 3 (Not), DIY (Not), Dogs (Not), Dollhouse (Not), Facebook (Not), History (Not), Links (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), Photography (Not), Poetry (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Star Wars (Not), Toys (Not), TV (Not), Twitter (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not)|