|Friday, October 23, 2009 12:16 PM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- A glimpse of the new TARDIS interior.
- Various charts about space, spaceships, and monsters!
- Here's a fascinating study about how people with extreme opinions reinforce their opinions. Love the graphic.
- io9 picks some B-string monsters that deserve a turn in the limelight.
- Tons of pics and a new trailer for The Wolfman. WOW. This looks GREAT!
- Crazy pumpkins with steampunk and Twitter (via) themes.
- The rumor flying around the internet lately is that George Lucas is planning a brand new Star Wars trilogy that would be filmed in 3D and directed by folks like Steven Spielberg and Francis Ford Coppola. I feel like this might have come out of somebody misunderstanding Lucas' plans to re-release the original trilogy in 3D, but hey, you never know. Despite everything that happened with the prequels, I have to admit, I'd totally go see new Star Wars movies - especially if they were directed and/or written by someone other than Lucas.
- Video of a dude launching an anvil with gunpowder. Awesome.
- Here's a website all about a really big LEGO castle. (Via)
- Impressive stop-motion video of someone building a large papercraft model of Link.
- Really cool chart of every mission to Mars.
- Sci Fi Wire provides 8 reasons why Cirque du Freak isn't your usual vampire movie. But Roger Ebert is exceedingly unimpressed by the film (via).
- Pics from Trent Reznor's wedding. (Via)
- Stream entries from the European film archives for free. And legally, even. (Via)
- The worst and weirdest vampire merchandise. The baby doll is horrifying, but the glow-in-the-dark Blacula soap is kind of awesome. (Via)
- No more Dollhouse until December after tomorrow night (via). Lame! Although, it does make it easier for me to catch up... Anyway, Joss says not to worry.
- Portable ultrasound?! Wow! (Via)
- Amusing Queen album cover parody featuring monsters. (Via)
- Zombie SNES!
- The Windows 7 Whopper, with 7 beef patties (via). Yes, apparently this is a real thing. Good lord. While we're talking Windows 7, here's another amusing parody of that horrible Windows 7 party infomercial: Hosting Your Windows 7 Torrenting Party (via). I think my favorite part is the very last line of dialog. Other Windows 7 links include Wired's positive review of the OS and 7 things you should know about it from Gadget Lab. Also vaguely related: a look at those Microsoft retail stores. Turns out they're a lot like Apple's retail stores. That's just sad.
- Pretty impressive music video which autotunes quotes from various famous TV shows and movies to turn them into rhyming lyrics for a catchy techno track. (Via)
- Sounds like George R.R. Martin might get a cameo in the Game of Thrones pilot. (Via)
- A speed bump that raises or lowers depending on your speed.
- A first look at the rich kids' academy in Caprica.
- The Big Bang Theory will feature a cameo from a (possibly nude!) Katee Sackhoff! Man, I really am going to have to start watching that show at some point, aren't I?
- Looks like there might not be another Pirates movie after all. This does not upset me.
- What if there was a Twilight-ified version of The Creature from the Black Lagoon? It might look a little something like this. (Via)
- Awesome furniture!
- Another fun Where the Wild Things Are contest: customize the fur-covered edition.
- A bunch of fun downloadable masks.
- Vintage Masters of the Universe paintings.
- Weird links from Warren Ellis: humans are still evolving, scientists know how body part regeneration works now, and Balloon Boy's father wanted TV fame before the world ends in 2012. Well I'm glad staring the apocalypse in the face really put his priorities in order!
- Google is also making a search deal with Twitter.
- Flickr has Facebook-style people-tagging now.
- A new study shows that "iPhone users are three times more likely to Tweet or Facebook their sexual antics than BlackBerry users." Good to know.
- Set footage from the A-Team movie, and some small hints about the plot.
- Ralph Fiennes, William Hurt, Vanessa Redgrave, Jessica Chastain, and Gerard Butler will all star in a new movie version of Shakespeare's Coriolanus.
- Some intriguing bits of news from cast member Willem Dafoe about John Carter of Mars.
- Cool robot art.
- The theme to Ghostbusters recreated entirely by a dude multitracking himself doing all the singing and sounds. Brilliant and hilarious.
- A short film called The Wall based on A Song of Ice and Fire. (Via)
- A truly excellent Star Trek accessory. (Via)
- Dude, Trent Reznor did a Fringe promo (via)! It's a combo nearly as tasty as peanut butter and chocolate. Oh, and guess who else likes Fringe? Simon Pegg (via)!
- Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron (!) are both being considered for the lead role in the next Mad Max.
- Woah. LED eyelashes. (Via)
- Freaking awesome art, featuring Batman, Robin, Superman, and a Vogon. (Via)
- I love Marvel Comics! I love ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead! Here's Marvel interviewing Conrad Keely of Trail of Dead! Huzzah! (Via)
- New free Kristin Hersh track! You have no reason not to download it! (Via)
- Zombie candy corn! (Via)
- 10 shows you have to watch to understand the world. (Via)
- The 10 top pop culture vampires. (Via)
- Them Crooked Vultures are finally putting out an album! You can preorder it now! It even comes with a T-shirt! (Via)
- Whoops: Google book scans with fingers in them. (Via)
- This is great: interactive map of The Village. (Via)
- The best and weirdest costumes added to io9's Flickr set.
- The top ten robots for boys from sci-fi movies and TV shows. I'll have to remember these.
- Blue Screen of Death belt buckle.
- Cool custom toys: A Clockwork Orange Playmobil figure, steam locomotive Optimus Prime, and Roland Deschain of The Dark Tower action figure. (Via)
- Speaking of The Dark Tower, supposedly Damon Lindelof has decided he doesn't want to be involved in making it into a movie because he loves it too much and he doesn't want to screw it up. Huh. Now I kind of want him to do it. (Via)
- Cool SEGA lighters.
|Tagged (?): Art (Not), Batman (Not), Books (Not), Business (Not), Celebrities (Not), Clothing (Not), Comic books (Not), Costumes (Not), Craft (Not), Doctor Who (Not), Dollhouse (Not), Facebook (Not), Food (Not), Fringe (Not), Gadgets (Not), George R.R. Martin (Not), Google (Not), Halloween (Not), Joss Whedon (Not), Legend of Zelda (Not), LEGO (Not), Links (Not), Lists (Not), Microsoft (Not), Monsters (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Products (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Robots (Not), Science (Not), Shakespeare (Not), Song of Ice and Fire (Not), Space (Not), Star Trek (Not), Star Wars (Not), Superman (Not), Technology (Not), The Dark Tower (Not), The Prisoner (Not), Toys (Not), Transformers (Not), TV (Not), Twitter (Not), Vampires (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Zombies (Not)|