|Wednesday, October 21, 2009 03:57 PM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- The above video is violent and horrible and it totally cracked me up and made my day better. (Via)
- Hedgehog says, "Blaaaaah." I'm with you, hedgehog. I'm with you. (Via)
- A roundup of crazy Halloween costumes for kids and pets. (Via)
- What a rip-off! You can only buy 200 sandwiches with this coupon! (Via)
- Pretty cool Wolverine painting. (Via)
- Video of an amazing pop-up LEGO Zen temple. (Via)
- Woah! One of my favorite comic book artists, John Cassaday, is directing an episode of Dollhouse! Very cool. (Via)
- A big set of photos from the Alternative Press Expo. (Via)
- There's a bit of a buzz surrounding Barnes & Noble's new e-reader, Nook. Here's a chart comparing it with the Amazon Kindle 2 (which should be taken with a grain of salt, as the chart was put together by B&N). (Via)
- Pretty good zombie George Lucas costume. (Via)
- A poster for what could be the next children's book to get a perhaps-too-adult big screen adaptation. Don't worry, it's a joke. I think. (Via Duane)
- R2-D2's cameo in Transformers 2 (via). Speaking of everybody's favorite Astromech droid, check out this very nice fan-made R2-D2 hoodie.
- Hulu is showcasing a bunch of sci-fi and horror videos for Halloween. (Via)
- You've got to love this guy Andy's Dude-a-Day project. This time he takes on the Beatles. (Via)
- Scientists have developed the first artificial hand that has feeling. It works by connecting human nerve endings with tiny electronic sensors. (Via)
- I was loath to link to this list, as it includes a mention of the hated Starship Troopers, but the rest of the selections are good enough to warrant a reference. So behold! Sci-fi's 10 best second-in-commands. (Should that be seconds-in-command? Who knows?) (Via)
- Pretty excellent poster for Terminator 2.
- Alien cow abduction lamp.
- Over 40 (!!!) crazy sci-fi dream sequences.
- Remember that 3D-animated cartoon called ReBoot? It was a pretty clever and fun show, with a plot vaguely similar to Tron. Well, it looks like they're making a movie! Check out the teaser.
- ABC's going a little overboard with their promotion of V. Starting this Friday, "skywriters will create giant letter Vs multiple times a day above 26 well-known American landmarks."
- Cool new trailer for the Prisoner remake.
- Sounds like the rumors of De Niro and Jude Law showing up in Thor are probably just rumors. Sadness.
- The top five hunk of junk spaceships. Hmm. Not sure I'd classify the Borg cube as a hunk of junk, but still love the list.
- An "affordable" 3D copier! Put an object in and it will make a copy in plastic.
- Impressive cakes: Pac-Man and Darth Vader. I don't think I'd eat the Darth Vader one, though. Not appetizing at all.
- Robotic cheetah!!!
- Nikes made of junk.
- A short and stupidly funny clip from Star Wars with some new dialog added in.
- This interesting interview with director Richard Kelly about his upcoming film The Box made me want to see the movie more - and also less. Basing the main characters on his parents seems like a weird and pointless idea. But who knows, maybe it will work.
- Gigantic info dump on Epic Mickey. I don't have time to look at this, but thought somebody else might, so there you go. (Via)
- Hey, turns out Antarctica is really damn big. (Via)
- Norman Osborn hair spotted in the wild. (Via)
- Amusing book cover parody, and a great set of photos of weird and wonderful Eastern European book covers(via).
- NASA is testing its first new rocket in 30 years.
- Posters for Legion.
- The guy who's been running FlashForward - Marc Guggenheim - has been replaced with co-creator and executive producer David Goyer. It might be a meaningless change, but then again it might be a response to a dip in the ratings.
- Google could be launching a competitor to the iTunes Music Store soon.
- Looks like the script for that Crow remake is done and they're going to move forward with casting.
- Seven great horror movie themes (as in music).
- Cinematical is going to start highlighting good, bad, and ugly flicks that you can watch for free. A recent gem: Frogs!
- 42 essential third act twists (via) and, in the same vein, the 9 stupidest surprise endings (via).
- On another day, looking at the pizza taco might have made me hungry. Today, it makes me feel slightly ill. (Via)
- Nickelodeon has just purchased intellectual ownership rights to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and is planning a new animated TV series and film.
- Hilarious image list: the world of tomorrow if the internet disappeared today. (Via)
- Ha ha ha! Burn. (Via)
- Amusing bathroom graffiti. (Via)
- Bing will supposedly start searching Twitter and Facebook status messages soon. How will it get access to Facebook status messages?? That seems like a bit of an invasion of privacy, unless it will somehow link in to your Facebook account and only search your friends' updates?
- M.C. Escher disses Mick Jagger. Pretty awesome. (Via)
- Bacon jam!!!
|Tagged (?): Aliens (Not), Animals (Not), Art (Not), Bacon (Not), Books (Not), Celebrities (Not), Clothing (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Costumes (Not), Craft (Not), Disney (Not), Dollhouse (Not), FlashForward (Not), Food (Not), Gadgets (Not), Graffiti (Not), Halloween (Not), LEGO (Not), Links (Not), Lists (Not), Mortal Kombat (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Products (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Science (Not), Space (Not), Star Wars (Not), Technology (Not), Terminator (Not), Thor (Not), Toys (Not), Transformers (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Wolverine (Not), Zombies (Not)|