|Wednesday, January 6, 2010 10:22 AM|
|(Last updated on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 10:28 AM)|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Above, Amanda Palmer covers Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt" during her New Year's Eve show. (Via)
- Christopher Lee is awesome. He's putting out a heavy metal rock opera about Charlemagne. He's singing the role of Charlemagne. Check out some samples here. (Via)
- Nooooooooooooooo.com. Just go. You'll see. (Via)
- Just heard about this: ESPN is going to start a 3D TV network in June. By the way, you'll need a 3D-capable TV to watch it. Do they even make those yet?? If they do, I kind of want one, but poppy says no. (Via)
- It's impossible for me to know what's going on, because it's so weird and there's never any dialog in English, but man do I love this guy's work. It's mind-blowingly creative and surreal and beautiful.
- This appears to be a reimagining of Cobra Commander, and I love it.
- I've seen a couple of these before, but at least one is new to me, and they're all great, so: famous album covers in which all the people have been replaced with superheroes.
- New dates for The Hobbit: a 14-month production schedule will begin in June, and the plan is still for the first film to be released next year.
- Heh. Chewbacca Altoids T-shirt.
- More fun Masters of the Universe-inspired art. (Via this post on Super Punch, which includes an extra piece.)
- David Hockney's illustrations of Grimm's Fairy Tales. (Via)
- Optimus Prime/Darth Vader mashup. (Via)
- A rather impressive group sleeveface portrait. Also, it was via this post on Sleeveface that I learned about The Flaming Lips' Dark Side of the Moon track-for-track cover album, featuring Henry Rollins and Peaches. I'm very excited about it.
- I've often been frustrated by the limitations of Twitter's search feature, so Flocking.me sounds like a useful thing; it allows you to search only within your friends' tweets. (Via)
- Oh my God, this movie looks so ridiculous. It's called From Paris With Love, and it's about a bald John Travolta beating up terrorists. His own way. For America. (Via)
- Yesterday I posted a story about how the next James Bond movie would be delayed due to MGM's financial woes. But the word now is that not only is that not true, but that the movie will be directed by Sam Mendes. Interesting...
- Sean Penn is back on to play Larry in the Farrelly brothers' Three Stooges movie. So that's still going on. Huh.
- Nintendo's next portable gaming device will apparently have a motion sensor, and highly detailed graphics. Also, the next Wii Zelda game should be out by the end of the year.
|Tagged (?): 3D (Not), Art (Not), Clothing (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Gadgets (Not), Links (Not), Mashups (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), News (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Shirts (Not), Star Wars (Not), Technology (Not), Tolkien (Not), Transformers (Not), TV (Not), Twitter (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Wii (Not), Zelda (Not)|