|Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:53 AM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- While listening to the wonderful track created from Terminator 2 sound effects above, read this story about how Lion's Gate is likely to buy the rights to the Terminator franchise.
- There's going to be an American version of the BBC series Being Human. I'm curious. I watched the first few episodes of the original series and was impressed by it, but then I lost track of the show.
- Interesting plot details about Duncan "Moon" Jones' next film, Source Code: "[it] follows a soldier (Jake Gyllenhaal) who is investigating a terrorist attack on a train by letting the government insert his mind into the body of a passenger on the doomed train again and again, until he finds the culprit."
- An anthology of original stories based in the Firefly universe is coming out, and Jane Espenson is writing one of them.
- Play First Person Tetris! As you spin the pieces, your view of the board spins as well. It kind of messes with your mind. And possibly also your stomach. (Via)
- A public service announcement: the upcoming Starz TV series Spartacus: Blood and Sand will feature a nude Lucy Lawless.
- An interesting look at what James Cameron's Spider-Man might have been like. Which we might get to see anyway, as he's one of the directors Sony is considering for the Spider-Man reboot, along with Wes Anderson, David Fincher, and the guy who made 500 Days of Summer (Marc Webb). That's a pretty diverse group! Also, they're probably going to shoot it in 3D because, hey, why not, right?
- Original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman is coming back to direct the third entry in the series. Huzzah!
- They may already have a replacement for Robert Downey Jr. in Cowboys and Aliens: Daniel Craig.
- You can already reserve the disc that will allow you to stream Netflix movies on your Wii right here. It's free and will ship in the spring. (Via)
- An amusing Predator-themed image.
- More fun images from the mighty talented Ape Lad.
- Another great Threadless design, featuring a xenomorph nesting doll. (Via)
- Movies as vintage video games. (Via)
- Hilarious superhero missed connections.
- A "where are they now?" report, including photo, on the kids from the original Willy Wonka film.
- Do you have a VHS copy of Jerry Maguire that you no longer need? (If you have one, but still need it... why?) Please, send it to Everything Is Terrible so that it can live out the remainder of its life in comfortable surroundings. (Via)
|Tagged (?): 3D (Not), Aliens (Not), Art (Not), Books (Not), Celebrities (Not), Clothing (Not), Comedy (Not), Firefly (Not), Ghostbusters (Not), Links (Not), Movies (Not), Music (Not), Netflix (Not), News (Not), Predator (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Shirts (Not), Spider-Man (Not), Terminator (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Wii (Not)|