|Friday, March 19, 2010 10:01 AM|
|(Last updated on Friday, March 19, 2010 11:58 AM)|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- The trailer for Dinocroc vs. Supergator, above, is a thing of wonder. It looks like this movie will deliver everything you could want or expect from something called Dinocroc vs. Supergator. Namely, lots of chomping. (Via)
- A Blockbuster discriminates against potential new hires.
- Penny Arcade highlights another way to not use Twitter.
- The first full-length trailer for Predators is here! And it's extremely exciting! My only complaint is that it seems to show too much. I mean, I'm pretty sure there are some spoilers in there revealing who lives and who dies. Not that I hadn't already assumed most of the characters would die. But still.
- io9 lists Wolverine's 10 most mortifying moments and, man. They are pretty mortifying.
- Movies have made me morbidly wonder what would really happen to you if you were shoved out into a vacuum. Thankfully, io9 helpfully supplies a list of five ways you probably wouldn't die in a vacuum and one way you probably would.
- The teaser trailer for Dreamworks' next computer-animated feature, Megamind, starring Will Ferrell as a blue-skinned supervillain. Pretty typical stuff here; nothing fresh or exciting. Maybe later, longer trailers will offer something more interesting.
- Enver Gjokaj, who played Victor on Dollhouse, has a new web series called Previously On Point Dume, the first episode of which will go up on Monday. The show is "a made-up soap opera about a community full of tawdry secrets, in which strange supernatural events are happening and the dead sometimes rise again." It's also campy; Gjokaj describes it as "Twin Peaks meets Clue." Awesome. (Via)
- Bryan Singer talks about X-Men: First Class, a film he'll be directing. It sounds like he might also be making X-Men 4 and Wolverine 2, although he may have to clone himself first.
- Tim Burton will make a 3D, stop-motion-animated Addams Family movie. Huh. UPDATE: Never mind! Burton's people say this is not true.
- A handful of behind-the-scenes Tron Legacy photos.
- Word has it a new animated series based on the Star Wars: Galactic Heroes line of toys is on the way. The show would be aimed at preschool- to kindergarten-aged children. The working title for the project is Squishies. Oh, George. George, George, George. What are you doing, man? What are you doing? I'm going to end up watching this crap with my kid, aren't I? Damn it.
- Check out the trailer for Puzzle Quest 2. Almost makes me want to take up video games again.
- Another clever Total Recall-related LEGO CubeDude.
- Superheroes of the Periodic Table of Elements. (Via)
- "The first ever quantum superposition in an object visible to the naked eye has been observed." Scientists have shown "that a tiny resonating strip of metal – only 60 micrometres long, but big enough to be seen without a microscope – can both oscillate and not oscillate at the same time. Alas, you couldn't actually see the effect happening, because that very act of observation would take it out of superposition." My brain will explode now. (Via)
- A comparison of URL shorteners reveals that Google's is the best. I don't think I've ever even seen the Google one used before!
|Tagged (?): Cartoons (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Craft (Not), Dinosaurs (Not), Internet (Not), LEGO (Not), Links (Not), Lists (Not), Monsters (Not), Movies (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Predator (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Science (Not), Star Wars (Not), Technology (Not), Toys (Not), Tron (Not), Tron Legacy (Not), TV (Not), Twitter (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Web comics (Not), Wolverine (Not), X-Men (Not)|