|Tuesday, September 7, 2010 02:16 PM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- They're going to make a horror movie about an evil Paul Bunyan called... Bunyan. It will star Joe Estevez of Werewolf fame (yes, the MST3K movie), and it will come out next year. Amazing.
- io9 has collected the early reviews for Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan. Some are criticizing the movie for its backward ways, but others are praising it. Hmm...
- Terry Gilliam might convert Time Bandits to 3D. He wouldn't be changing anything in the film, just putting it in 3D. I'd watch that!
- Apparently Sam Prekop of The Sea and Cake has a new album! I was excited about this, until I read the Onion A.V. Club's review, and found out it's basically just a lot of random noise. Not sure I really need to hear that.
- The Onion A.V. Club also has an interesting review of Metroid: Other M. The fact that it's sort of on rails is actually attractive to me, as I don't really have time for a game that makes me do a lot of wandering and exploring, but a lot of the other things they mention here don't sound very fun. Still, I'm intrigued. I mean, it's Metroid!
- Apparently they really are going to make a Doctor Strange movie and Stan Lee is going to have a cameo in it. Cool!
- The new (3D, natch) Judge Dredd film will be called simply Dredd and will star Karl Urban as the title character and Olivia Thirlby as his psychic partner.
- Ridley Scott has a few fascinating details about his Alien prequel. Also, Gemma Arterton may star.
- Dude built an impressive working replica of the motorcycle in Excitebike.
- Pizza soda and bacon soda? I'd try 'em.
- Pretty great 8-bit track with appropriate 8-bit video accompaniment.
- A pic from Duncan Jones' Source Code! It's not particularly enlightening or thrilling, but it's a pic from the film, nonetheless.
- LEGO TARDIS! Very nice. I feel like the claim that it's functional is probably an exaggeration, though.
- Masters of the Universe as a medieval religious icon.
- Love the Metroid print.
- Wizard Alley.
- Angelina Jolie leaving Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity almost killed the movie, but supposedly Natalie Portman might save the day by taking over for her.
- An interesting preview of Epic Mickey.
- D'oh. Sounds like Terry Gilliam's Don Quixote movie is dead in the water again, due to the financing falling through.
- Official sonic screwdriver Wii Remote??!!? Give to me! Now!
|Tagged (?): Aliens (Not), Art (Not), Automobiles (Not), Bacon (Not), Celebrities (Not), Craft (Not), Disney (Not), Doctor Who (Not), Dr. Strange (Not), Drink (Not), LEGO (Not), Links (Not), Masters of the Universe (Not), Metroid (Not), Movies (Not), MST3K (Not), Music (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Toys (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Wii (Not)|