|Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:44 PM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Want to make a clever single-serving website, but don't want to buy the domain name and go to all the work of setting it up? Tom Boutell has the answer! Now I just need to come up with an idea for a clever single-serving website...
- Some wonderful Dune art. I particularly like the illustration of the "Fear is the mindkiller" speech.
- I'm just going to put this here: "Nanogenerators powered by your heartbeat could replace batteries in five years, say chemists."
- Heh. This Fake Science Tumblr is pretty funny. And it just got a book deal!
- The folks at io9 have seen the first 40 minutes of Cowboys and Aliens, and they give it a thumbs up.
- It seemed odd to me that Dillinger's son appeared in Tron: Legacy, but never really took part in the plot. This cool little video explains his presence by suggesting that he, and the Master Control Program, will indeed play a part in the next Tron film.
- Hey, a new entry on hipster puppies! And it's very funny!
- Enrique Alcatena does it again. Here are some amazing splash pages for a series following the adventures of a bad-ass dandy living in an alternate version of 19th century England.
- Noted Batmanologist Chris Sims highlights 10 of the more insane and hilarious illustrations from a crazy Batman storybook.
- More great posters from Reelizer, this time for Raising Arizona and Wild at Heart.
- Wondermark reveals what happens to you if you eat one of those silica gel packets that tell you not to eat them.
- Apparently you can now put out fires with magic wands that shoot electrical pulses. I love the future!
- A wonderful sci-fi character growth chart.
- Let's get all the comic book movie news out of the way in one bullet point. Supposedly a Justice League movie could be here by 2013, and we're looking at the strong possibility of X-Men 4 and 5. Christopher Nolan is guarding the ending to The Dark Knight Rises religiously, and the Batman franchise is likely to get rebooted yet again once Nolan is done with it. I guess because his version wouldn't really allow for a Justice League movie? Finally, some new images from X-Men: First Class which do not in any way assuage my trepidation about this film.
- Peter Jackson is sticking more ladies into The Hobbit. Which is a noble goal and all, but still... you're rewriting my Bible, man!!
- Your first look at Andy Serkis as Caesar in Rise of the Apes.
- Oh man, I love the Lando Lakes butter wrapper.
- Creative use of the Facebook Like button.
- The last image in this roundup is my favorite. But then, I'm always partial to magic doors.
- Holy crap, a new Bunnies reenactment! Be sure to stick around to the end and watch the deleted scenes.
- There could have been an edition of The Hobbit illustrated by Maurice Sendak. So sad this didn't happen.
- Amazingly detailed, fan-created Muppet Show playset.
|Tagged (?): Animals (Not), Art (Not), Batman (Not), Books (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Craft (Not), Dogs (Not), Dune (Not), Facebook (Not), Food (Not), Internet (Not), Links (Not), Movies (Not), Muppets (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Science (Not), Star Wars (Not), Technology (Not), Tolkien (Not), Toys (Not), Tron (Not), Tron Legacy (Not), Video (Not), Web comics (Not), X-Men (Not)|