|Wednesday, April 13, 2011 02:32 PM|
| by Fëanor|
Fëanor pours the entire internet into the Recyclotron, and only the best links come out the other end for you to enjoy.
- Hey, it's Mumm-Ra the ever-living! What a guy! I always loved that subtitle, "the ever-living."
- The latest entry on Making Game of Thrones is about designing the throne room.
- Oh man, Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Cosmic Cube would be so awesome. Way better than Crystal Skull, surely.
- Paramount just greenlit a movie version of The Martian Chronicles. I'm not sure it'd be possible to make a good film adaptation of that book - it seems uniquely... bookish; delicate and lyrical and easily ruined - but I'd be excited to see someone try.
- Here's the first episode of the new web series, Mortal Kombat: Legacy. But yeah, don't bother watching it unless you're really curious or a superfan. It's composed almost entirely of cliches. Also, if you're going to shoot a person with a gun, why would you move really close to that person first? You've got a gun! It hits people from far away! Sigh.
- Here's a cool thing: a World of Warcraft player hit the level cap without ever killing anything, and completing only one quest. The person apparently leveled up almost entirely via exploring and discovering.
- AT-AT for America seems like a worthy cause. Let's do this, people!
- The art of banana carving.
- I posted this to Twitter a while back, but it's worth another link: George R.R. Martin's top 10 fantasy films. A lot of great picks here. I'm especially excited about the inclusion of Ladyhawke, a little film from the '80s that my brother and I seriously adored when we were younger.
- Nesting robots.
- Oh sweet lord. Taco Bell is testing taco shells made from nacho cheese Doritos. Is this disgusting or deeply desirable? I can't seem to decide. All I know is, I'd definitely eat one. (Via)
- Have you seen this one-of-a-kind, fan-made Tron light cycle board game yet? Great concept, wonderful execution.
- "Comedian Brett Kreischer is apparently in the habit of leaving surprises for the hotel maid."
- LEGO mechs.
- Hey, Warren Ellis is going to write a couple more novels! The first one will be called Gun Machine. I really enjoyed Crooked Little Vein, so this is good news. Plus, you know, Warren Ellis. (Via)
- Oh no! One of the blogs I read - Download Squad - is closing up shop. Sadness.
|Tagged (?): Art (Not), Boardgames (Not), Books (Not), Captain America (Not), Cartoons (Not), Comedy (Not), Comic books (Not), Craft (Not), Dinosaurs (Not), Food (Not), Game of Thrones (Not), Gaming (Not), George R.R. Martin (Not), Indiana Jones (Not), Internet (Not), LEGO (Not), Links (Not), Lists (Not), Mortal Kombat (Not), Movies (Not), News (Not), Photography (Not), Recyclotron (Not), Robots (Not), Song of Ice and Fire (Not), Star Wars (Not), Toys (Not), Tron (Not), TV (Not), Video (Not), Video games (Not), Warren Ellis (Not)|